*This is a regular enrollment course with a no-commitment drop-in option. Preferred price is given to full enrollments. Instruction available.
Each class begins with short poses for gesture drawing, with a longer pose for the remainder of class and throughout the season. Every week has a slightly different structure.
Topics covered are:
• Haptic drawing techniques.
• how to find and use hidden shapes to draw the figure quickly and accurately.
• to see holistically, including determining perspective.
• how to achieve volume and dimensionality before shading/modeling.
• how to add emotional content to your work.
• how to balance dual concerns of feeling and precision.
– 19 x 24″ paper pad, a pencil, an eraser.
– kneaded eraser
– 6B, 2B, HB pencils
– standard .05 mechanical pencils: an HB and/or 2B – the kind you get at the office supply store.
– a soft brush like Raphael filbert #8
– a notebook for notes and sketching
– a Primacolor Col-Erase pencil any color
– ballpoint pen
To be discussed in class.