Bridge the gap between gesture and a finished figure drawing or painting! Our goal in this course is that you will learn to render the figure with movement, energy and accuracy, so that your work is not only rendered properly but is imbued with feeling. All levels are welcome. Mature teens 15+ may enroll in this course with parent permission.
In this course you will learn:
• Haptic drawing techniques.
• how to find and use hidden shapes to draw the figure quickly and accurately.
• to see holistically, including determining perspective.
• how to achieve volume and dimensionality before shading/modeling.
• how to add emotional content to your work.
• how to balance dual concerns of feeling and precision.
– 19 x 24″ paper pad, a pencil, an eraser.
– kneaded eraser
– 6B, 2B, HB pencils
– standard .05 mechanical pencils: an HB and/or 2B – the kind you get at the office supply store.
– a soft brush like Raphael filbert #8
– a notebook for notes and sketching
– a Primacolor Col-Erase pencil any color
– ballpoint pen
To be discussed in class.