Policy

Enrollment policy: Enrollment is not considered final until tuition has been paid in full. All registering students agree to hold harmless LIAFA and its employees and volunteers, as well as any and all other persons connected with LIAFA, from all liability to any damage students may sustain by reason of their registration, participation, or use of equipment or the facilities therein. LIAFA and its faculty reserve the right to remove any student whose conduct is disrespectful or disruptive to the school. LIAFA may publish, without charge, a photograph of student artwork for use in its print materials or website.

 

Refund policy: Students who withdraw from a course after the first class pay a one-time fee of $50 for the class they attended; the rest of their semester payment will be fully refunded. Those who withdraw after the second class will receive a 50% semester refund. There is no refund for withdrawal after the third class. Students must notify the administrator of their withdrawal and request a refund in writing by emailing info@liafa.com. In the event that there are not enough students to run a class, tuition may be transferred to another course or refunded in full.

 

Make-up policy: LIAFA is not responsible for missed classes; we cannot pro-rate or refund payments to reflect a student’s absence from class after the fact. Students who miss class should speak to their instructor about possible ways to make up the lost time, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to offer each student a make-up option that suits their individual needs. Make-up classes must be with the original instructor and do not roll over into following semesters. If LIAFA cancels a class for any reason, a make-up option will be made available. Refunds will not be given if the student does not attend the make-up time.

 

Young Artist Summer Programs: ​For​ ​students​ ​who​ ​enroll​ ​in​ ​a​ ​workshop​ ​and​ ​withdraw​ ​10​ ​days​ ​or​ ​more​ ​prior​ ​to​ ​the​ ​first​ ​day,​ ​tuition will​ ​be​ ​refunded​ ​in​ ​full,​ ​minus​ ​a​ ​$50 ​cancellation​ ​fee.​ ​​ ​If​ ​the​ ​student​ ​withdraws​ ​less​ ​than​ ​10 days​ ​prior​ ​to​ ​the​ ​start​ ​of​ ​the workshop, LIAFA will refund 70%​ ​of​ ​the​ ​tuition.​ ​​ ​If​ ​the​ ​student​ ​drops​ ​out​ ​of​ ​the​ ​program after​ ​the​ ​first​ ​day,​ ​LIAFA​ ​will​ ​refund​ ​50%​ ​of​ ​the​ ​tuition.​ ​​ ​No​ ​refunds​ ​will​ ​be​ ​given​ ​after​ ​the​ ​first​ ​day​ ​and​ ​make-ups​ ​are not​ permitted.​ ​​Students​ ​must​ ​notify​ ​the​ ​administrator​ ​of​ ​their​ ​withdrawal​ ​in​ ​writing​ ​by​ ​emailing info@liafa.com. In​ ​the​ ​unlikely​ ​event​ ​that​ ​there​ ​are​ ​not​ ​enough​ ​students​ ​to​ ​run​ ​a​ ​workshop,​ ​tuition​ ​will​ ​be​ ​refunded​ ​in​ ​full​ ​or​ ​the student​ ​can​ ​receive​ ​credit​ ​towards​ ​another​ ​workshop.

 

Adult Workshops:By enrolling, the student agrees that 30% of the workshop tuition is non-refundable. If the student cancels 10 days or more before the workshop, the remaining 70% will be refunded to the student. If the student cancels less than 10 days from the workshop, there is no refund unless LIAFA is able to find a replacement for the spot. If LIAFA finds a replacement, 70% of the tuition will be refunded, but LIAFA will retain 30% cancellation fee. There are no refunds after the workshop has started, and no credit will be given for missed days. In the unlikely event that there are not enough students to run a workshop, tuition will be refunded in full.