This intensive class is for serious young artists aiming to create competitive portfolios for art-school and college admissions and scholarships. Over the years our students have garnered many thousands of dollars in scholarships for the quality of their artwork. Our students have recently gained admittance into top art programs such as Ringling College of Art & Design, RISD, Pratt, FIT, SVA, and Hartford Art School, as well as graduate programs such as New York Academy of Art and Johns Hopkins Medical Illustration program. Students work one-on-one with the instructor, following a specific course of action designed to meet the student’s portfolio needs, skill level, and time constraints.
- Teens interested in art as a hobby are also welcome! You don’t have to be pursuing a career in art to learn with us. We will help you cultivate your skills to the next level!
- PORTFOLIO CONSULTATIONS may available upon request and are recommended for serious students who are preparing for upcoming applications, and for families who need guidance clarifying their student’s direction and next steps. $60 for a one-hour private meeting and a customized checklist of portfolio projects, if needed.
A life-drawing workshop will be available from October 6 – October 27 with a clothed figure model for $40 additional model fee:
This four-week workshop is an excellent way to gain the life drawing experience that your artist needs for his or her portfolio. This is an additional feature of our regular Portfolio Development for Teens course, which will continue to run simultaneously as scheduled for the full 12-week season. Regular Portfolio Development full-season enrollees may add the figure workshop for an additional $40 model fee. These option may be added at check-out. You will continue your usual portfolio work on the other 8 weeks of the session, taking a break to participate with the figure model.
- 4 sessions, October 6 – October 27
- Week 1: Figure drawing introduction with instructor demonstrations and master copy exercises.
- Weeks 2, 3, & 4: Working from live, clothed figure model in a variety of poses.
Please note that you may need only drawing or only painting materials for this class, depending on your individual needs. Please check with your instructor before you purchase materials.